Last updated: June 19th, 2010
In addition to the MediaNet Website, we provide an online media service offering streaming and downloadable content (the "MediaNet Store"). The MediaNet Store will be made available on the MediaNet Website and other websites where users may embed the MediaNet Store widget. ("Third Party Websites") (MediaNet Website and Third Party Websites are collectively known as the "Websites"). The MediaNet Store and MediaNet Website along with any other features, tools, applications, materials, content, technologies, widgets or other services we may provide from time to time in connection with our business on any of the Websites are referred to collectively as the "MediaNet Services." All information collected through the MediaNet Services is owned exclusively by MediaNet Digital, Inc., and subject to this privacy statement.
What kind of information does MediaNet collect?
In order to provide the MediaNet Services, we collect certain information from users including:
- We collect personal information including name, email and phone number when you fill out a contact form on the MediaNet Website.
- When you select to purchase a song from us, we collect your name, billing address, credit card number and email to facilitate the purchase.
- Certain non-personal information about you may be collected by the standard operation of MediaNet Digital Internet servers, such as Internet browser types being used, operating systems and the domain names of Internet providers.
- You may have the ability to subscribe to mailing lists and contact MediaNet departments through the Websites. All e-mail addresses, and any personally identifiable information contained in such communications may be retained by us. If you wish to be removed from any distribution list, or to no longer receive communications from us, please contact us as set forth below.
- We may receive information about you from other sources, including, but not limited to, click-through advertisements and internet search engines. This information may be processed and retained by MediaNet and will be used the same as any other personally identifiable information you may have provided to us.
Cookies may not be required to access the Website, or MediaNet Store, however, some functionality may be disabled or impaired if you choose not to accept cookies. You may set your internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie giving you the option to accept or decline that cookie. For more information on how to control cookies, please see the help function available on most internet browsers.
How will my information be used?
We may use your personal information as follows:
- Deliver to you, and bill you for the MediaNet Services and communicate with you regarding your account and any customer service issues, including sending you e-mail to confirm your order.
- Verify your access to the MediaNet Services, including, but not limited to, MediaNet storefronts, content and reporting tools.
- Track the MediaNet Services for the purposes of reporting to and paying royalties to industry reporting entities and third party content providers, including, but not limited to, record labels and copyright holders.
- Contact you to confirm receipt of your communications, respond to your communications, confirm your subscription to mailing lists, reset your password and provide you with news, newsletters, updates, promotions, new products, special offers and information about the MediaNet Services.
Does MediaNet share the information it receives?
Information about you is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We may share your information as follows:
- As a condition of content licensing, we may be required to share your information. In such event, we may provide content usage, content availability, demographic information or any other information reasonably requested by a content provider or rights holder, however, we will not share any personally identifiable information with such parties.
- We work closely with other companies to provide the MediaNet Service through Third Party Websites. Your information may be shared between us and such third parties, but any information we share with such third parties will be subject to the policies set forth in this privacy statement.
- We may provide your information to other companies and individuals to perform certain functions related to the MediaNet Services on our behalf (e.g., credit card processing and customer service). Such third parties will be bound by contractual obligations to keep all of your information they process strictly confidential and to use such information solely for performing their function.
- If you signed up to receive information about promotional offers from us, we may send offers to you on behalf of other companies. In such event, we will not share your name and address with those companies. If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving these communications please contact us through our website.
- We reserve the right to disclose information about you as permitted, or required by law, in response to legal proceedings such as in response to a formal request in a civil suit, court order, subpoena or judicial proceeding. We also reserve the right to disclose information in response to law enforcement requests, or in protecting our intellectual property rights, or the safety of our users and employees, as we in our sole and absolute discretion, believe necessary to protect the property, interest and rights of MediaNet and others.
- We may provide you the capacity to share your opinions through comments and require your name and email information [not published] for you to submit such comments. Please be aware that the name you provide is published along with any comments you submit. MediaNet Digital is not responsible for the personal information you select to include within your comment; please be aware that this information is publicly available and could be used to send you unsolicited messages.
The owners of such Third Party Websites may use your information as follows:
- Improve the content of the Third Party Website and/or the MediaNet Store.
- Customize the content and/or layout of the Third Party Website and/or the MediaNet Store for each individual visitor.
- Contact you about updates to the Third Party Website and/or the MediaNet Store, content recommendations and for general marketing purposes.
If you do not want your personal information shared with any Third Party Websites, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, email address and a description of the information you provided to us.
How do I know my personal information is secure?
We do our best to provide you with a secure and convenient online experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your information.
When you enter your sensitive information on the MediaNet Website, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personal financial information, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser. If you see an unbroken key, or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL, or location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from "http" to "https."
When you place an order through the MediaNet Store and we process your payment, or a third party processes it on our behalf, we transmit the entire credit card number for processing, however, we will only reveal the last five digits of your credit card number when confirming your order.
How can I update my information?
If your personally identifiable information changes, you may update or amend it by contacting us by email, telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
What about links to other websites and third-party advertisers?
How does MediaNet protect children's privacy?
We are concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the internet. The MediaNet Services are designed for adult users and we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone who has not reached the age of majority in the state or country in which he or she resides. We strongly encourage parents to play an active role in their child's online activity. If you are a parent and suspect that your child has provided us with personally identifiable information, please contact us as set forth below.
Does MediaNet participate in the Safe Harbor Program?
We abide by the Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information collected from the European Union. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view the company’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/. In addition, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has authority over certain of MediaNet's business practices under Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act.
How can you contact MediaNet?
If you have questions or concerns about the privacy aspects of our products or services, please contact us through our website or write to us at:
MediaNet Digital, Inc.
2401 Elliott Ave., Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98121
Attn: Law & Business Affairs
Copyright 2010 MediaNet Digital. All rights reserved.