Posted by MediaNet Public Relations | February 1, 2010 8:00 am | No Comments
Blair Schooff will Spearhead UK Efforts Responsible for Business Development and Digital Media Licensing
MediaNet announced today that Blair Schooff will rejoin the Company in London where he will introduce MediaNet’s MN Open API and suite of Web Components throughout Europe. MediaNet rolled out the MN Open platform in the US in Q3 and as a result has rapidly built a network of more than 70 customers that are delivering premium digital media to their end users.
Mr. Schooff re-joins MediaNet as a music industry veteran with 15 years experience. He has launched several digital music stores including HMV, Tesco, Virgin and Samsung. He drove AOL music into the largest consumer music service in UK, France and Germany. He began his music career at BMG in both the US & UK pioneering digital work in licensing, new business, and marketing.
Alan McGlade, CEO of MediaNet commented: “The European marketplace provides a unique opportunity for MediaNet as end users are sophisticated consumers of premium digital music and media. Blair has a proven track record with MediaNet and has excellent relationships with content providers as well as the ability to identify and negotiate successful partnerships at a rapid pace.” Mr. McGlade also noted: “MediaNet is delivering the next generation of premium entertainment content services. Our purpose is to reduce friction and create convenience for the consumer. Essentially we have become a ‘content concierge’ that presents the appropriate content to a consumer when they are predisposed to consuming it.”
MN Open offers a productized set of APIs and a suite of Web Components that allow quick integration of premium music content into a website, application or online retail destination. Both the APIs and Web Components include access to a real-time, online reporting portal that is available to all MediaNet customers and content partners.
With the MN Open API, customers have complete control over the user experience, functionality, e-commerce and millions of songs and music videos with all services delivered under their brand. The API features include:
- Integration into any website or application
- Advanced catalog search capabilities with fuzzy matching
- Access to a portion of or the entire catalog and customize pricing
- Rich metadata for every song, album, and artist
- Use of MediaNet’s e-commerce engine or integration with the customer’s existing e-commerce
- Compatibility with any programming language
- Ability to select and incorporate the features that are just right for a customer’s end users and business model
- REST-based HTTP service
MediaNet’s suite of Web Components is easy to install and incorporate into a website with no coding required. Customers copy and paste the code snippets anywhere on their page with their branding front and center. Available in three main categories: contextual matching; commerce and discovery, Web Components features include:
- Media Matcher: Automatically matches MediaNet’s catalog against existing web content
- Media Links: Hyperlinks references to artists, albums and songs within existing content on page
- Relevant Media Search: Integrates into site’s existing search and returns media results alongside regular search results
- Media Explorer: Dynamically displays music-related information with purchasable media
- Media Charts: Charts top selling content to entice music discovery, sampling and purchases
- Media Purchase: Fulfills purchases through an automatically configured and setup component which appears in its dedicated, secure window
# # # #
MediaNet provides premium digital media content to a network of customers through the MN Open platform. An API and easy to install Web Components deliver a set of powerful music and media content products including streams, downloads, music search, contextual matching and other media discovery tools to engage end users while keeping them on your website or application longer to maximize revenues. MediaNet powers music and media delivery for brands of all sizes including Tesco, iLike, MOG, Fox News, Ultimate Guitar and many more.
MediaNet, www.mndigital.com, is privately-held and is headquartered in New York with an office in Seattle.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
The MediaNet Blog
Insights, News, Announcements, and Updates on MediaNet and the ever-changing world of music, technology, industry, and law.
Get Weekly Music News Updates Directly To Your Inbox!
- 4 Reasons to Use MediaNet for Developing Your Digital Music Product
- December 12, 2017
- Why XML (and XML Accuracy) Is Critical for Digital Music
- November 4, 2017
- SoundCloud Rescued and Installs New CEO, TIDAL Names New CEO Too, Amazon Eyes U.S. Ticketing
- August 14, 2017
Powered by WordPress