Posted by MediaNet Public Relations | December 22, 2009 9:40 pm | No Comments
Soundtrckr Is Spot On, Like a Location-Aware Pandora
2009, Dec 17 – Wired News, Epicenter Blog
– The internet removed a sense of place from our lives by connecting people and content from everywhere, but location-aware smartphones are changing that by affixing tweets, pictures, business listings — and now songs — to specific real-world locations.
An exciting new iPhone app by Soundtrckr mashes maps… (read the article)
Soundtrckr uses the MediaNet API. Check out our product line-up…
Posted by MediaNet Public Relations | December 17, 2009 6:42 pm | No Comments
MediaNet Sees Surge in Premium Digital Media Content in Time for Online Holiday Buying Season
– New York, NY, December 17, 2009 — MediaNet, the industry leading business-to-business provider of premium digital media content to customers of all sizes, announced today a roster of new customers utilizing the Company’s MN Open API and Web Components. The new customers include GetPlaylists.com, Soundtrckr, Tower.com, InMotion Entertainment, Get Green Music, BadAssCds, Voicebox Technologies, Jamdown Digital, Context.com, Navvo Group, Shiekh Music, Xenelope, Artist Direct, and Jukebox Jockey.
Alan McGlade, CEO of MediaNet commented: “Since MediaNet introduced our new API and Web Components product offerings, we’ve experienced a significant increase in new customer signups. With a minimal barrier to entry and easy technical integration, customers both big and small can have a digital music offering up on their website or application within days. We are attributing this rapid response not only to the simple signup process, but also the surge in websites and online apps desire to include premium digital media content into their offerings in anticipation of the holiday retail shopping season.”
These new customers are integrating MediaNet’s APIs and Web Components:
- GetPlaylists.com (www.getplaylists.com): A playlist discovery, sharing and purchasing service.
- Soundtrckr (www.soundtrckr.com): Delivers a location-based social music network for mobile and Web users.
- Tower (www.tower.com): A well-known music retailer which is adding digital music purchases and discovery to its website.
- InMotion Entertainment: A well known in-airport retailer, InMotion has enhanced the MP3 download service.
- Get Green Music (www.getgreenmusic.org): Offers a complete MP3 download store with a portion of profits going to environmental charities.
- BadAssCds (www.badasscds.com): Delivers a digital music experience and store to the Latin community.
- Voicebox Technologies (www.voicebox.com): A developer of voice recognition and music dedication mobile applications.
- Jamdown Digital (www.jamdowndigital.com): An online digital music retailer specializing in Reggae content.
- Context.com (www.context.com): Service to marketers for providing digital incentives.
- Navvo Group (www.myvoco.com): Developer of in-home digital entertainment systems.
- Shiekh Music (www.shiekhshoes.com): The new music retail category of leading West Coast urban footwear and apparel retailer, Shiekh Shoes.
- Xenelope: An online music retailer and developer of the Linux music player.
- Artist Direct (www.artistdirect.com): A music destination with multimedia content, music news, and various artist services.
- Jukebox Jockey (www.jukeboxjockey.com): A developer of touch screen jukebox software and systems for in-home use.
# # # #
MediaNet’s advanced technology platform, MN Open, offers an API and easy to use Web Components that deliver a set of powerful music and media content products including streams, downloads, music search, contextual matching and other media discovery tools to engage end users while keeping them on your website or application longer to maximize revenues. MediaNet powers music and media delivery for brands of all sizes including iLike, Zune, HMV, Tesco, MOG, Fox News, Ultimate Guitar, Intertech Media and many more.
MediaNet is privately-held and is headquartered in New York with offices in Seattle.
Posted by MediaNet Public Relations | December 7, 2009 9:48 pm | No Comments
Great CNET article on MediaNet
CNET’s Matt Rosoff spoke to MediaNet’s CEO Alan McGlade about MN Open and customers that already use the easy-integration content solution. Touching on iLike, MOG, Fox News and Complete Playlists, CNET concludes that “MediaNet could power the online music revolution“
In addition to the CNet story, blog Downloadsquad also talks about MediaNet’s products: Digital music distribution just got a whole lot easier with MediaNet’s open API
Last week TechCrunch called the MediaNet-powered MOG All Access – a next-generation subscription service, “a nearly flawless product“.
The MediaNet Blog
Insights, News, Announcements, and Updates on MediaNet and the ever-changing world of music, technology, industry, and law.
Get Weekly Music News Updates Directly To Your Inbox!
- Digest: Soundcloud Is/Isn’t Running Out of Cash, SESAC Sells to Blackstone (for Maybe A Lot?)
- January 9, 2017
- Digest: SoundExchange Revenue To Drop in 2017, Alibaba Investing $7.2 Billion in Entertainment
- January 3, 2017
- Industry News Recap: MIDiA’s 2017 Predictions, APRA Boosts U.S. Presence, Ticket Bots Under Fire from Congress
- December 19, 2016
Powered by WordPress