We are always looking for talented individuals interested in music and technology
and looking to help us create the next generation of digital music services
and products. View open jobs, below, and check back regularly as we update this page.
Rights Administration Assistant
Department: Rights Administration
Location: Seattle, WA
If you share our passion for digital innovation and want to help shape the future, come be part of the MediaNet Digital team!
- Join an elite team of specialists and coordinators in order to effectively manage rights for a digital music catalog of over 70 million tracks.
- Coordinate the compulsory licensing process, including the issuing and mailing/digital transference of compulsory licenses of intent on a weekly basis.
- Assist the royalty administration process for compulsory licenses, direct deals and agencies, including the monthly distribution of digital and paper statements.
- Operate folder inserter machine, postage machine and printers in fulfilling distribution of paper compulsory licenses and royalty statements.
- Track office supply inventory related to rights workload, specifically related to the printing and distribution of Notices and royalty statements.
- Track and input all necessary licensor changes into database.
- Input publisher song catalogues into database.
- Process incoming mail.
- Improve efficiency and workflows in a high paced production environment.
- Assist Rights Management team with various projects as they arise.
- Detail oriented with a passion for a high degree of accuracy.
- Experienced with PC with Windows, MS Outlook, MS Office, & Internet.
- Knowledgeable about music publishing & the digital music industry.
- Intuitive with proven success in streamlining processes and offering solutions.
- Proactive, organized, and willing to take on tasks beyond job scope.
- A creative thinker, problem solver, self-motivated, energetic and passionate about the work you do.
What you bring:
- 2 years minimum of administrative work experience, preferably in the music industry
- Ability to triage and work with other departments.
- Positive attitude and desire to achieve success working with colleagues.
- An ability to thrive under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Strong communications skills, leadership, results-oriented, and lots of attention to detail.
- The tech and music industries' most experienced and trusted provider of cloud digital music services. With almost two decades of experience powering some of the world's most prominent music services worldwide the current list includes notable brands such as: Beats Music, MOG Music, Songza, iMesh, and many, many more new and creative startups.
- We have created a huge music catalog of over 68 million tracks and add 125,000 new tracks every week. Our customers create billions of transactions every month using our cloud platform.
- Our customers demand the highest levels of availability, reliability, and security. That means that every member of our team is a key contributor.
How to Apply:
If you are a qualified candidate, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as follows:
- Note the job title in the subject line: Rights Administration Assistant
- Cover letters and resumes must be sent as email attachments, although you can additionally include them in the body of the email if you wish. Please use either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat formats for all attachments.
- The ideal candidate will live locally, have done this role before and is available to start within 2 weeks. There is no telecommuting option.
No phone calls, faxes or mailed submissions will be accepted.