We are always looking for talented individuals interested in music and technology
and looking to help us create the next generation of digital music services
and products. View open jobs, below, and check back regularly as we update this page.
Assistant Metadata Curator
Department: Data Operations
Location: Seattle, WA
If you share our passion for digital innovation and want to help shape the future, come be part of the MediaNet Digital team!
- Join an elite team of specialists to effectively manage and grow a digital music catalog of over 70 million tracks across multiple territories.
- Ensure delivery of high-priority digital music releases from major labels, indie labels, and aggregators to retail partners both domestic and international.
- Correct and format music metadata to meet company and industry standards applying data style guides using custom data editing software.
- Resolve and track audio errors and data errors reported by customers and consumers.
- Experienced in digital media distribution and emerging technologies.
- Equipped with demonstrable, hands-on experience in streamlining processes and offering solutions.
- Proactive, organized, and willing to take on tasks beyond job scope.
- A creative thinker, problem solver, self-motivated, energetic and passionate about the work you do.
- A positive team player.
- Excited about and eager to contribute to the music industry writ large.
- Bonus points for:
- Familiar with Unix/Linux and Windows command line operations and scripting (cmd, Bash) tools.
- Experienced with XML/XSLT fundamentals, Relational Database queries (PL/SQL, JetSQL), Network file operations
What you bring:
- Previous data entry or media cataloging experience desired.
- Have an intuitive view of understanding digital workflows with a demonstrable success in following pre-defined workflows.
- Using content management tools, Microsoft Office, and issue tracking systems (i.e., Jira).
- An aptitude for learning the mechanics of new systems from top to bottom.
- An ability to work well in a project-driven environment under deadline pressure, and to remain flexible at a rapidly changing and sometimes demanding pace.
- Enjoys working with teams across all departments to triage and develop the best solution for any challenge at hand.
- A positive attitude and desire to achieve success working with colleagues.
- An ability to thrive under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and leadership skills.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Bonus points for:
- A desire to talk about musical interests and share favorite artists and albums.
- The tech and music industries' most experienced and trusted provider of cloud digital music services. With almost two decades of experience powering some of the world's most prominent music services worldwide the current list includes notable brands such as: Beats Music, MOG Music, Songza, iMesh, and many, many more new and creative startups.
- We have created a huge music catalog of over 68 million tracks and add 125,000 new tracks every week. Our customers create billions of transactions every month using our cloud platform.
- Our customers demand the highest levels of availability, reliability, and security. That means that every member of our team is a key contributor.
How to Apply:
If you are a qualified candidate, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as follows:
- Note the job title in the subject line: Content Coordinator
- Cover letters and resumes must be sent as email attachments, although you can additionally include them in the body of the email if you wish. Please use either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat formats for all attachments.
- The ideal candidate will live locally, have done this role before and is available to start within 2 weeks. There is no telecommuting option.
No phone calls, faxes or mailed submissions will be accepted.