We are always looking for talented individuals interested in music and technology
and looking to help us create the next generation of digital music services
and products. View open jobs, below, and check back regularly as we update this page.
Senior System Administrator
Location: Seattle, WA
If you share our passion for digital innovation and want to help shape the future, come be part of the MediaNet Digital team!
- We are looking for a talented individual who will work in a team of engineers and administrators and will be responsible for evaluation, implementation and support of all IT devices.
- This position is required on-site at our Seattle office, with occasional travel to a datacenter (10 miles).
- Responsible, proactive, organized, and professional with attention to detail.
- A strong communicator and have a desire to work closely and collaboratively with a small team of professionals.
- A creative thinker, problem solver, self-motivated, energetic and have a keen grasp on customer service.
- Flexible and able to deliver under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Passionate for some component of the music industry is a plus.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent work experience; 4 plus years of demonstrated datacenter experience; with emphasis towards production support of a high capacity mission-critical web serving environment.
- Experience working with collocated equipment and services in a datacenter environment.
- Able to physically lift and manipulate system hardware in and out of server racks.
- Personal transportation for emergency and scheduled travel to datacenter in Tukwila required.
- Experience providing professional 24x7 support of production environment, including “pager” support as a member of an on-call rotation.
- Successful at delivering projects and working through incident management.
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on work experience with enterprise server equipment is required.
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on work experience with Enterprise Linux systems, specifically RHEL/CentOS/OL.
- Solid security fundamentals as they pertain to networking, hands on experience with firewalls and similar devices (Cisco, Juniper, F5).
- Use of monitoring and troubleshooting utilities to proactively prevent and diagnose problems.
- Experience with NetApp, both SAN and NAS, a plus.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, VMWare and open source tools such as Puppet, Nagios and Cacti a plus.
- Experience with Active Directory, Exchange and MS infrastructure a plus.
- Please provide specific examples of your professional working experience with projects demonstrating skills in a datacenter, Enterprise Linux Systems, and Security Fundamentals as described above. No application will be considered or reviewed without this information from you.
- The tech and music industries' most experienced and trusted provider of cloud digital music services. With almost two decades of experience powering some of the world's most prominent music services worldwide the current list includes notable brands such as: Beats Music, MOG Music, Songza, iMesh, and many, many more new and creative startups.
- We have created a huge music catalog of over 65 million tracks and add 125,000 new tracks every week. Our customers create billions of transactions every month using our cloud platform.
- Our customers demand the highest levels of availability, reliability, and security. That means that every member of our team is a key contributor.
How to Apply:
If you are a qualified candidate, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com as follows:
- Note the job title in the subject line: Sr. SYS ADMIN
- Cover letters and resumes must be sent as email attachments, although you can additionally include them in the body of the email if you wish. Please use either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat formats for all attachments.
- The ideal candidate will live locally, have done this role before and is available to start within 2 weeks. There is no telecommuting option.
No phone calls, faxes or mailed submissions will be accepted.