We are always looking for talented individuals interested in music and technology
and looking to help us create the next generation of digital music services
and products. View open jobs, below, and check back regularly as we update this page.
Manager, Content Operations
Department: Content Operations
If you share our passion for digital innovation and want to help shape the future, come be part of the MediaNet Digital team!
- Overall responsibility for receipt, management and availability of our music catalog - working with both internal teams and music label delivery organizations.
- Provide hands-on leadership to a motivated and passionate team of 5 who love the music business.
- Work internally with the engineering, datacenter and senior management on feature enhancements to the team's tools and processes, focusing on quality and throughput.
- Interface with, grow and maintain a positive and professional relationship with content operations managers and their team members from customers, partners, aggregators and labels.
- Create and share data across MediaNet, highlighting team and company successes.
- Ensure high levels of accuracy of the teams assigning content rights and pricing for all content catalogs.
- Set individual team members daily priorities to ensure delivery of priority music releases to customers and partners.
- Partner with engineering to identify, recommend and prioritize efficiencies to be made to workflows in content operations.
- Lead team efforts to troubleshoot technical and data issues.
- Detail oriented with a passion for a high degree of accuracy.
- Experienced with PC with Windows, MS Outlook, MS Office, & Internet.
- Knowledgeable about music publishing & the digital music industry.
- Have an intuitive view of workflow systems, with demonstrable success in streamlining processes and offering solutions.
- Proactive, organized, and willing to take on tasks beyond job scope.
- A creative thinker, problem solver, self-motivated, energetic and passionate about the work you do.
What you bring:
- Proven track record of strong organizational and excellent communication skills (including interpersonal, writing and editing) with the ability to multitask, prioritize efficiently and meet hard deadlines.
- A passion for music and digital media
- 10 years prior experience managing music digital supply chain.
- College-level degree and/or equivalent training, course work or practical experience.
- Strong customer focus with demonstrated project management aptitude and experience
- Leadership and the maturity to diplomatically work with a variety of people and resolve conflicts.
- Technical knowledge - data literacy, knowledge of SQL, OLAP, data transformation and modeling.
- Must be proficient with common business applications - MSProject, Microsoft Office and Visio.
- Positive attitude and desire to achieve success working with colleagues.
- An ability to thrive under pressure and tight deadlines.
- The tech and music industries' most experienced and trusted provider of cloud digital music services. With almost two decades of experience powering some of the world's most prominent music services worldwide the current list includes notable brands such as: Beats Music, MOG Music, Songza, iMesh, and many, many more new and creative startups.
- We have created a huge music catalog of over 49 million tracks and add 125,000 new tracks every week. Our customers create billions of transactions every month using our cloud platform.
- Our customers demand the highest levels of availability, reliability, and security. That means that every member of our team is a key contributor.
How to Apply:
If you are a qualified candidate, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com as follows:
- Note the job title in the subject line: Manager, Content Operations
- Cover letters and resumes must be sent as email attachments, although you can additionally include them in the body of the email if you wish. Please use either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat formats for all attachments.
- The ideal candidate will live locally, have done this role before and is available to start within 2 weeks. There is no telecommuting option.
No phone calls, faxes or mailed submissions will be accepted.