We are always looking for talented individuals interested in music and technology
and looking to help us create the next generation of digital music services
and products. View open jobs, below, and check back regularly as we update this page.
Software Development Engineer - Oracle
Location: Seattle, WA
If you share our passion for digital innovation and want to help shape the future, come be part of the MediaNet Digital team!
- We deal in billions of on-line music plays. As a member of our team you will work on a next generation music tracking and royalty calculation system.
- The music catalog we host and manage is over 59 million music tracks and our customers create terabytes of data transacting with it.
- In this job you will be focused on feature improvements to our database systems that support and pay artists, song writers, labels and publishers.
- Our team has deployed our business services based on Oracle and SQL Server Reporting Services and now it's time to scale it further.
- Friendly, positive, professional and fun to work with!
- Proactive, organized, and willing to take on tasks way beyond job scope.
- Creative thinker, problem solver, self-motivated and passionate about customer service.
- One who thrives in a tight deadline environment.
- Optional: passionate about some component of the music industry.
What you bring:
- Strong Oracle PL/SQL coding skills (you don't have to look it up you just know it)
- Expertise in optimizing databases (tables, foreign and composite key relationships)
- Ability to translate business/functional requirements into code
- Adept at designing and developing of complex queries, stored procedures, functions, and views
- Strong understanding of Database and Data Warehousing concepts and techniques
- Experience working with MS SQL Server and Reporting Server a plus
- Experience manipulating large datasets across multiple internal systems
- The tech and music industries' most experienced and trusted provider of cloud digital music services. With almost two decades of experience powering some of the world's most prominent music services worldwide the current list includes notable brands such as: Beats Music, MOG Music, Songza, iMesh, and many, many more new and creative startups.
- We have created a huge music catalog of over 49 million tracks and add 125,000 new tracks every week. Our customers create billions of transactions every month using our cloud platform.
- Our customers demand the highest levels of availability, reliability, and security. That means that every member of our team is a key contributor.
How to Apply:
If you are a qualified candidate, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as follows:
- Note the job title in the subject line: SDE
- Cover letters and resumes must be sent as email attachments, although you can additionally include them in the body of the email if you wish. Please use either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat formats for all attachments.
- The ideal candidate will live locally, have done this role before and is available to start within 2 weeks. There is no telecommuting option.
No phone calls, faxes or mailed submissions will be accepted.